Apps to take professional pictures with your phone
If you use a smartphone to take pictures, here are some apps to turn it into a professional camera. The default apps that iOS 7 and Android offer to take pictures are quite complete, but they have limitations. Thousands of broadly superior apps will help you replace your camera with your phone and not regret the decision. In this article, we present some apps that will allow you to overcome the main limitations that you face when taking pictures with your mobile. In this way, you can immortalize your photos as if you were a professional.
The best apps to take photos like a professional
- PRO HRD: Among all HDR apps, this is probably the best. Unlike the built-in HDR feature in smartphone apps – such as the iOS 7 Camera app – Pro HDR takes two photos of the same scene by applying different exposure options. Then combines them, and even offers the possibility to adjust the light and colors for an excellent final effect.
- DMD Panorama: The quality of the photos is excellent, and the app is straightforward to use. After each photo (which will be geotagged if the geolocation is activated) you can press the edit icon and fill the Name, Description and Tags fields. In this way, it is possible to create an album as you add photos and you do not run the risk of forgetting when and where you took them, who you were with or what you were doing at that moment.
- Perspective Correction: This is very useful for making your photos look professional. Easy to use and very effective. All you have to do is start Perspective Correction, choose a photo from your collection by sliding your fingers along the grid, correcting the angle, and the lines will be completely straight.
- LongExpo – slow shutter and long exposure camera: It offers three modes: Standard, for average exposures with satisfactory light conditions; Low light, for low light shots that require an extended diaphragm aperture; and Light trail, to create light stream photos that play with light. The app, besides offering many editing tools, is compatible with the front camera and very easy to use. It will allow you to obtain high-quality photographs that are entirely unfeasible with the default iOS 7 photo app.
- Camera FV-5 Lite: This is a complete app, which makes your Android have many of the functions usually only found in digital SLR cameras. Some of these are exposure compensation, ISO sensitivity, white balance, bracketing, and a mode in which the exposure meter measures light and, of course, the possibility of adjusting the opening time of the diaphragm, which takes photographs in low light. Unfortunately, this last option decreases the resolution in 1 or 2 megapixels. In conclusion, Camera FV-5 Lite is an indispensable app for any photographer who wants to make professional pictures.
Credit: Kiki Ruiz